Volunteering with C-Street Connect is a rewarding community experience for individuals and groups alike.
Each distribution, our goal is to serve 200+ families with enthusiasm, efficiency, and equality.
In 2016, 9,183 people received food through C-Street Connect.
“As a young boy, my husband knew the pain that comes from being hungry and often went without food for days. Because of you, our children have never experienced that pain.”
— “Eileen” (2016 C-Street Client)
There a variety of jobs at C-Street Connect, but all of them support our main mission: getting food to our friends and neighbors who need it most.
“I would like to say Thank You for all the volunteers who have taken the time to help out the needy. You are awesome in my book.”
— “Thomas” (2016 C-Street Client)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Volunteer duties include unloading donations, assembling boxes of food for distribution, distributing food, and assisting visiting clients.
Below are the current shifts available. If the time you can serve is not a complete shift or falls between two, never fear! Just drop us a note—we’re flexible and want to help you make the most of your volunteer availability.
SHIFT #1: This shift takes place from 9:30-12:00PM. Volunteers unload food delivery and pack/assemble donations boxes for the day.
SHIFT #2: This shift takes place from 12:45-4:00PM. Orientation and assignments are given from 12:45-1:00PM. From 1:00-4:00, volunteers assist clients through food distribution.
SHIFT #4: This shift takes place from 9:30AM-4:00PM and supports volunteers that wish to serve all day.
Lunch is provided for volunteers and is served from 12:00-12:45.
- Some positions may require working in the weather. Many environments may be hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 20-30 pounds.
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to new duties as needed.
- Confidentiality is required.
- Must be at least 12 years of age to volunteer. Volunteers under 14 must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. Volunteers under 18 must have their application signed off on by parent or guardian.